The goal of this website is to be a safe for souls website advancing Catholic thinking and education. When editing, please adhere to the Content Standards.
Some images have been enhanced for teaching purposes and may not be identical to the original artwork.
How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place
- How lovely is Thy dwelling place,
- O Lord of hosts to me!
- The tabernacles of Thy grace
- How pleasant, Lord, they be!
- My thirsty soul longs ardently,
- Yes, faints Thy courts to see;
- My very heart and flesh cry out,
- O living God, for Thee.
- Behold the sparrow findeth out
- A house wherein to rest;
- The swallow also, for herself,
- Provided hath a nest.
- E'en Thine own altars, where she safe
- Her young ones forth may bring,
- O Thou, almighty Lord of hosts,
- Who art my God and King.
- Blest are they in Thy house that dwell,
- They ever give Thee praise,
- Blest is the man whose strength Thou art,
- In whose heart are Thy ways.
All Things Obey God
"He saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth. Job 37:6"
- God's works are very great, but still
- His hands do not appear:
- Though heaven and earth obey His will,
- His voice we cannot hear.
- And yet we know that it is He
- Who moves and governs all,
- Who stills the raging of the sea,
- And makes the showers fall.
- Alike in mercy He bestows
- The sunshine and the rain;
- That which is best for us He knows,
- And we must not complain.
- Whether He makes His winds to blow,
- And gives His tempests birth,
- Or sends His frost, or bids the snow,
- "Be thou upon the earth."
Fairest Lord Jesus
- Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature,
- O Thou of God and man the Son,
- Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
- Thou, my soul’s glory, joy and crown.
- Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
- Robed in the blooming garb of spring;
- Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,
- Who makes the woeful heart to sing.
- Fair is the sunshine,
- Fairer still the moonlight,
- And all the twinkling starry host;
- Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
- Than all the angels heaven can boast.
- All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly,
- Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;
- None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,
- Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.
- Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
- Son of God and Son of Man!
- Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
- Now and forever more be Thine.
A Young Fellow of Trinity
- There was a young fellow of Trinity
- Who found the square root of infinity
- But the number of digits
- Gave him the fidgets;
- So he dropped Maths and took up Divinty.
For more poetry see this page: